Thursday, August 7, 2008

#054-008. Overdue Blu Spruce. Orofino ID

Congratulations. Kay Weller. The first one to volunteer to have her name on our job blog. Said she would be glad to recommend us. Thank You. I'm sure we will be doing more work in Orofino. It sure was a lot of fun. Even though it was 100 degrees in the shade. And. We were cutting down our shade. Start 08-07-08. 16 man hours. Too close to house. Threat to foundation. Root growing up above ground and wrecking siding. Should have been cut years ago. I cleared path to the top. Cut the top. Tied in and cut some on the way down. Kathleen went up then while I worked ground. Climbing is often the easier job. This is one of our important safety rules. " There will be a lady on the job if at all possible." It makes a big difference. When you get too many guys together in one place and they think money and production is the first priority. ACCIDENTS HAPPEN !!! Not to mention the deterioration of manners and language. Some of my critics have said. " This is dangerous work. You can't have women and children around." I say. " If you can't have women and children around. It most likely is dangerous. I wouldn't want myself or anyone else on their job either."

No comments: